Thursday, May 21, 2015

Goddess on a Mission: Tidying Up

It is time for me to start walking the talk. I have been working as a health coach for over three years now, and for almost two of those years, I have been leading a decidedly UNHEALTHY life.  I sit and think and read and learn, but I am struggling with the "doing" part of being healthy.  

What I have learned is that health does not dwell exclusively in the body.  In fact, it cannot exist in the body without existing in the mind and spirit as well.  And health does not exist in the body, mind, and spirit when the external is out of balance. 

In an attempt to get everything in balance, I'm going to start with the external.  It's time to clean house.  Literally.  I am going to start creating an external space that reflects what I want my desired internal reality.  To this end, this Memorial Day Weekend, this goddess is embracing The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo.  

If you haven't read this book, it's a guide to decluttering.  Kondo describes her tried and true method of helping people clean up--and stay cleaned up.  The gist is this: gather all of one type of your belongings (clothing, books, linens, etc...), take each item and place it on the floor, and pick each item up one-by-one and ask: Does this spark joy?  If so, you keep it.  If not, it goes. 

I will detail my experience with this process as it unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment