Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Goddess Takes Care of Herself: Finding Balance

Part of taking care of myself includes eating well, moving my body, quieting my mind, and getting plenty of quality sleep.  As of late, I've not been wholly in balance with these four essential areas of my life.  In an attempt to eradicate the "all or nothing" thinking that I'm apt to subscribe to, I have been working on baby steps toward achieving more balance in each of these areas.  I start at the top of the list and, when it feels like I've developed a habit, I move to the next step.  That's not to say that I don't incorporate other steps, but for now, I'm working on accountability in a kinder gentler manner.

EATING WELL:
1. Drinking 100 oz of water each day
2. Eliminating flour and sugar.
3. Eliminating artificial sweeteners.
4. Eating six small meals a day
5. Including protein, carbohydrates, and fats in each meal
6. Eating only organic food

MOVING MY BODY:
1. Getting in 10,000 steps a day
2. Doing one yoga pose a day
3. Going for a 15-30 minute walk (above and beyond my 10k steps)
4. Completing a 15-30 minute yoga practice daily

QUIETING MY MIND:
1. 4x4x4x4 Breathing at least 5 minutes a day
2. 5-10 minutes of daily meditation
3. 5-10 minutes of daily self-Reiki
4. Journaling at least 10 minutes a day
5. Chanting or visualizing at least 10 minutes a day
6. Expressing gratitude morning, noon, and night

GETTING PLENTY OF SLEEP:
1. Shutting off all lights and noise every night
2. Eliminating electronics in the bedroom after 10 PM
3. Creating positive, loving thoughts before drifting off to sleep
4. Going to sleep by 11 PM every night (earlier to ensure 7 hours of sleep)
5. Stopping consuming beverages by 6 PM to avoid waking up


No comments:

Post a Comment